240L Garden Water Butt - Wood Effect Barrel
Availability: In Stock
The 240 litre Garden Water Butt - Wood Effect Barrel by Roto is beautifully made to blend in with the natural surroundings of your garden. No need to hide this water butt away from visitors as its design and quality will make you proud to show it off!
The rain barrel is roto-moulded from highly durable polyethylene, which is frost and UV-resistant, meaning you won’t need to worry about weather damage and it will retain its colour and appearance over the years. The 240 litre is the perfect size for a medium size garden allowing you and your plants to benefit from using rainwater instead of tap water
While adding a 240 litre water butt to your cart, you have an option to buy a Downpipe Diverter which provides an entry point for the water from your downpipe to the water butt. The key difference between the Harcostar Diverter & the Gutter Mate Diverter & Filter is that the Harcostar will only divert the water, whereas the Gutter Mate will divert AND filter the water, stopping any unwanted leaves and moss entering the rain barrel and therefore helping to stop clogging and contamination of the water. We would suggest that if you have a soak away or large water butt, the Gutter Mate might be the better option as this will stop unwanted leaves and moss clogging up your soak away and will save you from having to clean your water butt. Once the water butt is full, the diverters will redirect the excess water back down the drainpipe.
Another option you have is to add a ¾” blanking plug to your water butt. This is only necessary if you are purchasing the 240 litre or 350 litre barrel and are either (i) going to use the upper hole for your tap and therefore need to fill in the bottom hole with a plug, or (ii) you find it more aesthetically pleasing to have the upper hole with a plug in place. Please note: On the 240 litre & 350 litre water butts, the lower hole has been opened to allow water through and the upper hole remains closed and secure for holding water unless you decide to open it.
Key Product Features:
- Five-year warranty for your peace of mind.
- UV resistant so it will not fade in the sun.
- Lightweight compared to wood, making it easier to move around the garden.
- Made from heavy duty polyethylene which is strong plastic that is impact resistant.
- Two locations for a tap allowing you to place on or off a stand.
- The lid can act as a bird bath, as it collects water which is only around 1" deep; allowing birds to safely drink and bathe in it.
Available Barrel Sizes:
Why should I collect rainwater?
- Collecting free rainwater allows you to reduce your water bill and provides water which is free from chlorine - a chemical added to drinking water that inhibits plant growth. Another benefit of storing rainwater outside is the natural temperature of the water, which will not shock your plants like cold water from a tap can do.
Connecting Rain Barrels and Water Butts together:
- If you decide that you want to connect your rain barrels together at the start or in the future, this is not a problem. All you need to do is run a connecting pipe between both barrels which allows the water to pass between them both. You only need to have one filter for both barrels or water butts as this is connected to your guttering downpipe.
Articles on gardening? Why not take a look at our Blog posts to see if these can help you in any way.
|Water Capacity (litres)||240|
|Maximum Top Diameter (mm)||610 (24 Inches)|
|Maximum Bottom Diameter (mm)||584 (23 Inches)|
|Maximum Overall Diameter (mm)||686 (27 Inches)|
|Maximum Overall Height (mm)||813 (32 Inches)|
|Net Weight (kg)||10|
|Lid Available||Yes, Included|
|Stand Available||Yes, Not Included|
|Home Assembly||Yes. Inlet/Overflow Pipe (Not Included) Requires Fitting|
- Does the whole top come off allowing a watering can to be dunked?
- What colour is the water butt and stand please. Grey or brown?
- Can you supply a brass tap instead of the plastic type as shown
- Very Pleased
Looks the business stood at the front of the house. Very realistic! (Posted on 05/06/2020)
- Large Barrel
- Water Butt
- Worth the wait..
- 240L Water Butt
- Looks Great, works perfectly
Really easy to use and the tap is very secure so I've had no issues with leaking or water flow. Looks really natural and works like a charm.
(Posted on 04/06/2019)