50L Garden Water Butt - Wood Effect Barrel
Availability: In Stock
The 50L Garden Water Butt - Wood Effect Barrel by Roto is beautifully made to blend in with the natural surroundings of your garden or balcony. No need to hide this water butt away from visitors as its design and quality will make you proud to show it off.
The rain barrel is roto-moulded from highly durable polyethylene, which is frost and UV-resistant, meaning you won’t need to worry about weather damage and it will retain its colour and appearance over the years.
The 50L includes a tap for ease of use. You may need to buy a downpipe filter which provides an entry point for the water from your downpipe to the rain barrel. The filter will stop the unwanted leaves and dirt entering the rain barrel helping to stop clogging and contamination of the water. Once the rain barrel is full, the downpipe filter will redirect the excess water back down the drainpipe. At the bottom of the rain barrel, you are provided with a tap which allows to you fill your watering can.
The 50L is the perfect size for a small courtyard, small garden or balcony. Both you and your plants will benefit from using rainwater instead of tap water.
Key Product Features:
- Five-year warranty for your peace of mind.
- UV resistant, so it will not fade in the sun.
- Lightweight compared to wood, making it easier to move around the garden.
- Made from heavy duty polyethylene which is a strong plastic that is impact resistant.
- The lid can act as a bird bath, as it collects water which is only around 1" deep; allowing birds to safely drink and bathe in it.
Available Barrel Sizes:
Please note that each barrel / stand is unique and hand-finished, therefore sizes quoted are approximate and may vary by a few millimetres.
Why should I collect rainwater?
- Collecting free rainwater allows you to reduce your water bill and provides water which is free from chlorine - a chemical added to drinking water that inhibits plant growth. Another benefit of storing rainwater outside is the natural temperature of the water, which will not shock your plants like cold water from a tap can do.
Connecting Rain Barrels and Water Butts together:
- If you decide that you want to connect your rain barrels together at the start or in the future, this is not a problem. All you need to do is run a connecting pipe between both barrels which allows the water to pass between them both. You only need to have one filter for both barrels or water butts as this is connected to your guttering downpipe.
Articles on gardening? Why not take a look at our Blog posts to see if these can help you in any way.
|Water Capacity (litres)||50|
|Net Weight (kg)||3|
|Lid Available||Yes, Included|
|Stand Available||Yes, Not Included|
|Home Assembly||Yes. Inlet/Overflow Pipe (Not Included) Requires Fitting|
- What colour is the water butt and stand please. Grey or brown?
- How high is the stand as we would want to be able to put a watering can underneath?
- Can you supply a brass tap instead of the plastic type as shown
- Is there a hole in lid for down pipe?
- Rain Barrel